Our Aims and Ambitions for the Future
Encouragement, support and motivation are the key ingredients in the success of Oakmere Primary School. Our team of inspiring and creative teachers go that extra mile to feed children’s appetite for learning.
Their dedication and hard work ensures that each and every child is encouraged to aim high and be the best that they possibly can be.
Four reasons why your child will thrive at Oakmere Primary School:
- Each and every member of staff is an integral and important team player. From the school’s governors to our skilled teaching assistants, everyone at Oakmere School works together to create a positive and
- Children are actively encouraged to push their own boundaries and take risks. Our children are encouraged to see life’s up and downs as opportunities from which to learn.
- At the heart of Oakmere School is the ethos that children and adults are resilient, resourceful and responsible. We advocate positive self-esteem and the disposition to believe that they can achieve.
- Everyone in the school community feels a responsibility towards providing the best possible education for our children through their own development and learning.
Our Core Values
A core value is a central belief clearly understood and shared by every member of the school community. We believe in friendship, respect, opportunity and self-discipline.
- shows loyalty to friends, colleagues and the school
- is willing to support and show care for those who need help
- is truthful and trustworthy
- chooses kind words and gestures
- values all members of the school community
- displays good manners at all times
- displays tolerance of others with different points of view and beliefs
- shows care for the school buildings, facilities and surrounding environment
- develops confidence through participation
- considers their own strengths and sets personal goals for improvement
- pursues individual interests in a manner which broadens horizons
- shall be challenged to become global citizens
- is resilient and perseveres through challenges
- is able to make healthy choices
- makes best use of talents, time and resources
- is able to consider outcomes before they act or speak
- learns the value of saving and adopts wise money practices